Why is there a lack of pressure?
If your pressure washer has a lost power suddenly or over a period of time, then there are some basic faults to look for before delving any deeper.
- Blocked inlet filter – This would restrict the water that’s coming into your machine, causing it to not run at full potential.
- Poor water supply – Again, this would restrict the volume of water to the machine. Make sure your supply tap is fully turned on!
- Blocked or damaged nozzle – This would limit the volume and pressure of water that’s coming from your machine.
- Open chemical tap – Does your pressure washer have a chemical injection system? If so, make sure that the chemical tap is turned completely off as this could be drawing in air.
- No power – Is the motor running? If not, click here to see the common faults.
Once you have checked all the above, then it could be a problem within your pump unit, such as piston seals or valves.