Privacy & Cookies
Septimus Spares is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Septimus Spares may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, within General Data Protection Regulations 2016 (GDPR). This policy is effective from 17th April 2018.
What information we collect
- We collect information from you when you register on our site or place an order.
- When ordering products or registering an account on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or delivery address in order to fulfil your order.
- We may also collect information regarding your preferences.
What we do with the information we gather
- Internal record keeping to fulfil our legal obligations, e.g. tax reporting.
- Supply the requested information from the personal data you submit (via our website, email, telephone or social media) e.g. quotation or product information.
- We may use non-personal information to customise and improve the website.
- Improve customer service to you by retaining your personal data and purchase records to enable us to assist in the provision of advice or parts.
- Process transactions: Data protection is extremely important to us and your information will never be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes unless you specifically request us to do so.
If you have opted in to our communications since the GDPR have been in force you, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request to have your personal data amended or deleted from our systems at any time.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Head Office (address below) or email email@example.com. We will respond within 30 days. Further copies may be charged for.
12-13 Town Green Lane, Settrington, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 8NR